Payment methods for Quebec toll bridges
There are different payment options for paying tolls on the A25 bridge and A30 St. Lawrence bridge:
Toll payment options for A25 Bridge
Travellers can choose to pass through the bridge having a customer account registered with A25 or without a registered account. Depending on whether user has a regeistered account or not, there are three different toll payment options:
- Have a registered customer account with A25 transponder – This is the most advantageous option. The passage of user's vehicle equipped with a transponder will be automatically recognized when passing on the bridge. The cost of the toll and the monthly administration fee are charged to the balance of user's prepaid customer account.
- Have a registered customer account without A25 transponder - User can choose the option without transponder. The passage of user's vehicle will be identified by the technology of photo-recognition of the license plate. The cost of the toll and administration fees per pass are debited from the balance of user's client account
- Pay an invoice - The passage of vehicle without a customer account will be identified by the technology of photo-recognition of the license plate. Passage bill includes the cost of tolls and administration fees for each pass. An invoice for each pass is produced and posted to user for payment.
Toll payment options for A30 St. Lawrence Bridge
A30 EXPRESS accepts different payment methods for drive through the toll booth.
- A30 EXPRESS transponder – The transponder gives user access to a reserved lane and allows to drive through the tollbooth safely without stopping. The other lanes also accept the transponder, although they are not exclusively for it. This seems to be the easiest and most practical way to save time while crossing the toll booth.
- Credit card - If you do not have a transponder, the best option is to use a credit card. Credit cards are accepted in all open lanes, except for the lane reserved exclusively for transponder users. User would need to stop at the tollboth to pay toll in by credit card.A30 EXPRESS accepts VISA, MasterCard & American Express cards.
- Cash - A limited number of lanes allow users to pay in cash. Only Canadian currency is accepted. User would need to stop at the tollboth to pay toll in cash.
For details on each toll payment option, please refer to 'How to pay toll' section.
Quebec toll calculator can help you calculate tolls and gas expenses for cars, trucks, trailers, buses, RVs and motorcycles for both the A25 Bridge and A30 St. Lawrence Bridge.