What is A25 transponder?
The A25 transponder is an electronic device that, when attached to the vehicle, allows the electronic collection of tolls to cross the bridge without having to stop at a toll booth. Each transponder is paired with a single license plate. When a customer account is opened by registering the vehicle (s) with the transponder customer account, a transponder is issued. It is important to install the transponder according to the instructions.
The cost of the toll and the monthly administration fee are charged to the balance of your client account. Toll charges are lesser for travellers with a transponder installed compared to those who cross bridge without a transponder.
How to get E-Pass
There are three ways user can open A25 account:
- Applying directly online at A25.com is the fastest and most effective method.
- by completing the account registration form, Account opening form by mail Category 1 and 2 or Account opening form for a toll-free vehicle and forwarding it to A25 Service Center.
- by going onsite to A25 Customer Service Center
A25 Customer Service Center is located at 6801 boul. Lévesque East in Laval. All the forms for applying for A25 transponder can be found at A25 Documents.
How to mount MACPASS
Instructions for proper installation and a mounting template are provided with your transponder. It is important that you follow these mounting instructions.
- Step 1: Clean the area of the windshield where the transponder will be mounted. If you do not have the alcohol pad, you can use standard rubbing alcohol and a cotton pad to clean the area.
- Step 2: Peel off the paper from the back of the velcro tab on your transponder.
- Step 3: Position your transponder on the inside of the windshield, behind the mirror. It is best to mount your transponder in the centre of the windshield where the rear-view mirror hides it from view.The transponder must be mounted at least one inch in from the edge of the windshield and two inches from the antenna of a remote car starter.
- Step 4: Press your transponder firmly against the glass.