What is A30 EXPRESS transponder?
The A30 EXPRESS, a transponder (tag), is an automatic toll collection system linked to a user’s A30 EXPRESS account. When users create an A30 EXPRESS account they receive a transponder. Once installed and activated, the transponder will allows users to drive through the tollbooth without stopping. The transponder gives user access to a reserved lane. The other lanes also accept the transponder, although they are not exclusively for it.
How to get A30 EXPRESS transponder
Users can get A30 EXPRESS transponder by opening an account with A30 EXPRESS and requesting a transponder
- Step 1: Open a client account at A30 EXPRESS online
- Step 2: Shortly after, you will receive a first confirmation email with your client account username and password
- Step 3: Connect to your account and order a transponder
- Step 4: The transponder will be delivered within 7 to 10 working days
- Step 5: You are now ready for using A30 EXPRESS transponder on A30 A30 St. Lawrence toll bridge
How to mount A30 EXPRESS transponder
Instructions for proper installation and a mounting template are provided with your transponder. It is important that these instructions are followed in order to ensure the transponder is properly read by the antenna/receiver at the toll plaza. If you do not have your A30 EXPRESS transponder mounting instructions, please review the following:
- Step 1: Using an alcohol pad, clean the area of the windshield where the StraitPASS transponder will be mounted. If you do not have an alcohol pad, standard rubbing alcohol and a cotton pad may be used.
- Step 2: Peel off the paper from the back of the velcro tab on your transponder.
- Step 3: Position your transponder on the inside of the windshield, behind the rearview mirror. It is best to mount your transponder in the center of the windshield where the mirror hides it from view. The transponder must be mounted at least one inch from the edge of the windshield and two inches from the antenna of a remote car starter. For commercial vehicles with split windshields, place your transponder to the right of the split at the bottom of your windshield, to the right of the split.
- Step 4: Press your transponder firmly against the glass.
- For sticker transponders: To install, peel backing off of the sticker and affix directly to the interior of your vehicle’s windshield. Recommended placement is in the area behind the rear view mirror, a minimum of 5cm from any metal objects.