What is FASTag?
FASTag is a simple to use, reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets you pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction. FASTag is linked to a prepaid account from which the applicable toll amount is deducted. The tag employs Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is affixed on the vehicle's windscreen after the tag account is active. FASTag is linked to a Paytm Wallet from which the applicable toll amount is deducted.
FASTag is part of the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) initiative rolled out by NPCI under the guidelines of NHAI & IHMCI. It is currently operational at 350+ toll plazas across national and state highways in India. More toll plazas will be brought under the FASTag program in the future.
- Convenience of cashless payment: Customer doesn't need to worry about carrying cash for the toll payments
- Near non-stop motion & reduced commute times: The vehicle with FASTag doesn't need to stop at the toll plaza for the cash transaction.
- Cashback of 5% for FY – 2018-19 (* Cashback is applicable for trips made at NHAI plazas only)
- SMS alert: Customer receives SMS alerts on his/her registered mobile numbers for low balanace and all the transactions done in that tag account
- Online Recharge: Customer may recharge tag account online through, Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or Net Banking
- Online Portal for customers: Customers can access their statements by logging on the FASTag customer portal
- Validity of 5 Years
How to get FASTag
FASTag has a one time Fee of ₹ 200. Then there is a refundable security deposit which depends on the vehicle type. Here is the link to download application for applying for FASTag.
This one time Security amount deposited during the time of Fastag issuance along with any balance present in the respective Fastag wallet will be refunded at time of tag/account closure subject to review and clearance of any outstanding transactions for that particular FASTag.
How to use FASTag at toll plaza
A vehicle with FASTag may use any lane at toll plazas by making cash payment. However, the FASTag will work only in the lanes demarcated for FASTag.The FASTag issuer Agency will electronically deduct the applicable toll fee from the account linked to the FASTag. This deduction will be done post the toll transaction. There should be adequate fund in the account which is linked to FASTag. Vehicle without valid FASTag entering FASTag lane will be charged double the applicable toll amount in cash.
How to recharge FASTag account
You can recharge your FASTag account by making payment through cheque or online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or through Net Banking. FASTag account can be recharged upto Rs. 1,00,000.00 (Rupees One Lac only) with minimum recharge amount of Rs. 100. For recharge, please follow steps prescribed by the respective issuing agency on their web site.
FASTag is non-transferrable
You would need to take two separate FASTags for the two vehicles. FASTag is issued to each vehicle based on KYC documents submitted. If a FASTag for instance bought for one Car is used for a Truck then such FASTag shall get blacklisted resulting into denial of vehicle passage from FASTag lanes on Toll Plazas.
Who to contact
If you have questions related to lost/stolen/damaged or non-functional FASTag, toll charges deduction, or any other query, please contact the FASTag issuer agency. The agency will review your request and take necessary action.
FASTag Customer Care contact numbers
- ICICI Bank: 1-860-210-0104
- Axis Bank: 1-800-103-5577
- IDFC Bank: 1-800-266-9970
- SBI Bank: 1-800-110-018
- Equitas Small Finance Bank: 1-800-419-1996
- HDFC Bank: 1-800-120-1243
- Syndicate Bank: 1-800-425-0585
- Paytm Payments Bank: 1-800-102-6480
- Punjab National Bank: 0-806-729-5310
For further information on FASTag, other questions and assitance, please visit FASTag official website.