How do I Dispute a Toll in Texas

To dispute a toll in Texas, you need to contact the concerned tolling authority and explain your situation. In general, the reasons accepted for dispute are:

  • The vehicle was sold, transferred, leased or rented to another party before the toll transaction occurred.
  • The vehicle was reported stolen before the toll transaction occurred.

You can dispute the tolls of a Texas tolling agency and Texas toll tag both.

To know tolls between any locations across Texas toll roads, bridges or other toll facilities, use Texas Toll Calculator.

Disputing toll of tolling agency in Texas

Find out the toll facility whose tolls you want to contest and contact the corresponding authority:

  1. NTTA: The North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) has an Ombudsman program to deal with toll disputes on their toll facilities or for TollTag.

    Phone: 469.801.3662
    Address: 5900 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX. 75093

  2. HCTRA: The Harris County Toll Road Authority (HCTRA) can be contacted on their customer care service for toll disputes on their toll facilities or for EZ TAG.

    Phone: 281-875-EASY (3279)
  3. CTRMA: The Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority (CTRMA) requires you to fill up their Toll Violation Defense Form and send it with relevant documents.

    Phone/Fax: (949) 754-0199
    Address: PO Box 3649 Pflugerville, TX 78691

Disputing toll of toll pass network in Texas

As Texas allows some out of state toll passes, you will have to contact the concerned authority for contesting their toll violation:  

  1. TxTag: Texas Department of Transportation can be approached with their online inquiry form. Choose Category as Dispute Charges.  There is an option to upload documents.

    Phone: 1-888-468-9824
    Address: 12719 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78727

  2. K-TAG: Kansas Turnpike Authority requires to fill-up Violation Contest Form. The valid reasons for disputing mail are listed on the page and must be selected.

    Phone: (316) 682-4537
    Address: 9401 E Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67207

  3. Pikepass: For Oklahoma Turnpike Authority, requires you to send a notarized copy of Affidavit of Non Liability to the Enforcement Branch. Do attach relevant documentation(s). Send it within 30-days of the date on Certified Notice of Toll Evasion.

    You can also report a problem online with Pikepass.

    Phone: (877) 774–9569, 1-800-745-3727
    Address: 4401 W Memorial Road, Suite 130, Oklahoma City, OK 73134-1722


Ready to integrate Toll Intelligence?

Get started with TollGuru Toll API or Cloud Services