Croatia Motorways, Toll Prices and Payment Information
Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
Croatia is a country at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe on the Adriatic Sea. They charge tolls on seven stretches of Croatian motorways with some other roads. There are two toll collection systems in Croatia Open system (where you pay the fixed amount of tolls) and a Closed system (where you pay tolls based on distance-travelled).
Do you need Vignette in Croatia
Unlike Austria or Slovenia, you don’t need a vignette for driving cars in Croatia, instead toll is collected at the toll stations on motorways. The two systems that are used to collect tolls are:
- Open system: You pay a toll for your vehicle based on the vehicle category when you pass through a toll station. These toll stations typically charge a toll for a bridge or tunnel or for a shorter-distance toll road.
- Closed system: You pay a toll based on the entry and exit toll station combination of the motorway. Typically, a ticket is issued at the entry toll station point and the toll is collected at the exit toll station point. Toll rates are calculated based on the distance travelled on the motorway for your vehicle category.
How can you pay for tolls in Croatia
When you are driving your vehicle in Croatia motorways, you can pay the tolls using
- Cash (Kunas or Euros)
- Debit/Credit cards such as Diners, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, INA card and
- Cards such as MOLGROUP, which are shown as acceptable as a means of payment in the toll location.
- Electronic toll collection (ETC) is a contactless toll collection method for all vehicle categories. ETC is used in the following sections of the motorways:
- A1 Zagreb - Split - Dubrovnik Motorway
- A3 Bregana - Zagreb - Lipovac Motorway
- A4 Zagreb - Goričan Motorway
- A5 Beli Manastir - Osijek - Bosnia and Herzegovina Motorway
- A6 Rijeka - Zagreb Motorway
- A7 Rupa - Križišće Motorway
- A10 Ploče - Bosnia and Herzegovina Border
- A11 Zagreb - Sisak Motorway
- D425 Ploče - Karamatići
ETC Croatia (ENC Croatia) on-board unit from DKV is also used to pay the toll charges for vehicles of categories I, II, III and IV cashless.
How much do motorway tolls cost in Croatia
The tolls rate depends on the distance travelled and the category of the vehicle. A study claims that the Rijeka–Zagreb/Split-Dubrovnik toll road is one of the third most expensive toll roads in the world.
|A1, A6: Zagreb - Rijeka||70 kn||42 kn|
|A1: Zagreb - Zadar||121 kn||74 kn|
|A2, A1: Macelij (SLO/HR) - Split||181 kn||109 kn|
|A3: Zagreb Istok - Lipovac (HR/SR)||128 kn||77 kn|
The toll rates for all the vehicle categories and routes are available at toll operator HAC and bina-istra website.
You can calculate tolls and fuel cost for your vehicle in Croatia using TollGuru toll calculator.
Krk bridge is a concrete arch bridge that connects the mainland of Croatia with the islands of Krk. If you are driving across Krk bridge you don’t have to pay tolls. The toll collection on Krk bridge has been stopped since 15 June 2020.
|IA||Motorcycles, motor tricycles and four wheeler motorcycles|
|I||Motor vehicles with two axles, up to 1.90 m high|
|II||a) Motor vehicles with two axles above 1.90 m, with the maximum authorised mass of 3,500 kg |
b) Motor vehicles with two axles, under 1.90 m, with a trailer regardless of the number of axles and the trailer height
|III||a) Motor vehicles with two or three axles, with the maximum authorised mass over 3,500 kg
b) Motor vehicles with two axles with the maximum authorised mass over 3,500 kg with a single-axle trailer
c) Motor vehicles from II a) pulling a trailer regardless of number of axles on the trailer
|IV||a) Motor vehicles with four or more axles with the maximum authorised mass over 3,500 kg
b) Motor vehicles with two axles with the maximum authorised mass over 3,500 kg with a two or three axle trailer
c) Motor vehicles with three axles with the maximum authorised mass over 3,500 kg with a trailer regardless of the number of axles on the trailer
How to calculate tolls in Europe
You can calculate tolls - distance based toll, close and open system, vignette - and fuel cost by car, truck (with or without a trailer), taxi, bus, caravans using Europe Toll Calculator. You can see the cheapest, the fastest, and other optimal routes to your destination. You will see toll plaza(s) on your route, payment methods for each toll gate, discounts, etc. You can specify vehicle attributes - axles, weight, height, emission standards, etc. - to get toll information customized to your vehicle.
Ride share, OEM, and other businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the Toll API for pre-trip cost estimation and post-trip toll reconciliation in Europe, Asia, South America, North America and Australia.
Which European countries have motorway tolls
Use Europe Toll Guide to know more about European Tolling Systems
You can click on a country name to know toll information - toll payments, toll gates, toll prices - for the country.