How to Pay Missed Toll in Florida
Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
If you missed paying a toll in Florida, and you do not have an active interoperable transponder in the vehicle, then you would be charged through Toll-By-Plate. In Toll-By-Plate, a photo would be snapped of your license plate as you pass through toll gantries. The invoice for the toll will be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle.
How do I pay my toll invoice in Florida
If you have missed paying your toll or travelled without an interoperable pass or transponder a photo would be snapped of your license plate as you pass through toll gantries. The invoice for the toll will be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. This can be paid:
- Online through the SunPass website
- By Mail by detaching the payment slip on the reverse side of the toll invoice and returning it along with a check or money order in the envelope provided.
- With cash at any one of the SunPass walk-in centres or retail locations.
- By Phone at 1-(888)-TOLL-FLA
What if I have a missed toll in a rental vehicle in Florida
Rental car agencies set forth an agreement at the time of hiring the vehicle. The agencies assess fees and tolls that will be encountered in the journey. If as a customer of a rental car, you do not have a transponder in the rental vehicle that is subject to tolls, then the missed toll invoice will be delivered to the vehicle owner i.e. rental agency and they shall forward the invoice to you with their extra charges.
The other ways in which the rental vehicle agency may charge for tolls are:
- Most major rental car companies offer their customers the option of paying tolls with the credit/debit card used to rent the vehicle. If this is an option you could pay for all fees this way.
- Using the Pay-by-Plate system, toll usage can be associated with your travel and paid through your rental agreement.
Calculate tolls for Florida and other states in the US
Calculate routes, tolls and fuel costs for your travel by car, truck, taxi, bus, caravans (with or without a trailer) in Florida and other states of the US using TollGuru Trip Calculator. It also shows the cheapest, fastest and other optimal routes to your destination along with toll plaza(s) location en route, payment methods and more.
Rideshare, OEM, TMS, fleet companies and other transport businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the TollGuru Toll API for pre-trip calculation and post-trip reconciliation.