Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
What is MACPASS tag
The MACPASS is the electronic tolling system of Halifax Harbour Bridges (HHB). MACPASS allows users to pass through the toll lanes of the Angus L. Macdonald and A. Murray MacKay bridges without stopping and at a less expensive rate than using cash, making it the best way to cross the harbour. The MACPASS transponder is a small electronic device that attaches to the windshield of your vehicle and contains information that identifies your account. As you approach a toll lane an overhead antenna identifies your MACPASS transponder and deducts the toll from your MACPASS account. The signal reads “GO” and you continue on your way. MACPASS offers a discount over using cash as well as added convenience. You can use any lane with your MACPASS and there are dedicated MACPASS-only lanes to make your trip more efficient.
How to get MACPASS
There are three ways you can get a MACPASS:
- Get MACPASS online by filling personal application or commercial application
- By a phone call to MACPASS team
- Drop by at MACPASS Customer Service Center
More detailed on how to get your MACPASS can be found at How to get MACPASS.
How to mount MACPASS
Instructions for proper installation and a mounting template are provided with your transponder. It is important that you follow these mounting instructions.
- Step 1: Clean the area of the windshield where the transponder will be mounted. If you do not have the alcohol pad, you can use standard rubbing alcohol and a cotton pad to clean the area.
- Step 2: Peel off the paper from the back of the velcro tab on your transponder.
- Step 3: Position your transponder on the inside of the windshield, behind the mirror. It is best to mount your transponder in the centre of the windshield where the rear-view mirror hides it from view.The transponder must be mounted at least one inch in from the edge of the windshield and two inches from the antenna of a remote car starter.
- Step 4: Press your transponder firmly against the glass.
Calculate tolls for Nova Scotia and other provinces or territories of Canada
Calculate routes, tolls and fuel costs for your travel by car, truck, taxi, bus, caravans (with or without a trailer) in Nova Scotia and other provinces/territories of Canada using TollGuru Trip Calculator. It also shows the cheapest, fastest and other optimal routes to your destination along with toll plaza(s) location en route, payment methods and more.
Rideshare, OEM, TMS, fleet companies and other transport businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the TollGuru Toll API for pre-trip calculation and post-trip reconciliation.