Czech Republic Tolls, Vignettes
Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
The Czech Republic, well-known for its castles, chateaus, is a land-locked country in Central Europe. Toll roads in the Czech Republic belong to two categories:
- Motorways - Except for motorcycles, every four-wheeled motor- vehicle has to pay toll on motorways
- Roads for motor cars - Only vehicles with a weight over 3.5 tonnes pay tolls on these roads
Czech Republic shares its border with Austria, Germany, Poland, and Slovakia. You can explore toll systems in neighbouring countries by clicking on the links for Austria, Germany, Poland and Slovakia or use Europe Toll Guide to know about whole Europe.
How does toll system work in the Czech Republic
Based on the vehicle weight, there are two types of toll systems in Czechia.
- For vehicles that weigh under 3.5 tonnes
- A vignette or toll sticker is necessary to travel on motorways. You must stick the sticker on the windshield of the vehicle. Motorcycles are not subjected to this obligation
- For HGVs, and vehicles that weigh above 3.5 tonnes
- A satellite-based electronic toll system enforces tolling. Toll rates are calculated based on the number of kilometers traveled, vehicle’s weight, number of axles, and pollution category. Every vehicle must have a MYTO CZ OBU device installed in order to pay the toll in this system
Vignette prices and where to buy Vignette in the Czech Republic
Vignettes are priced based on the validity period. They are available for 10 days, 30 days, and 1 year. Eco price discount is available for vehicles powered by natural gas or bio-methane. You can purchase toll stickers from
- point of sale
- self-service kiosks at border areas before entering the motorway
|Vignette Validity||Price (in CZK)|
|10 days||310.00 Kč|
|30 days||440.00 Kč|
|1 year||1,500.00 Kč|
How to pay HGV tolls in the Czech Republic
HGVs and vehicles above 3.5 tonnes weight pay tolls based on the number of kilometers driven on the road. Toll rates are based on
- Road category
- Vehicle type - Bus vs Trucks
- Vehicle emission class
- Vehicle weight
- Number of axles on the vehicle
- Time of travel in a day
Map of toll roads - toll Roads map All the vehicles must be equipped with the OBU.
- In prepay, tolls are electronically debited and the available toll credit is displayed on the OBU.
- In Postpay, toll fees are billed every 14 days.
Payment is made at the distribution points across the country.
MYTO CZ distribution points in the Czech Republic
For any kind of information on electronic tolling, you can contact the distribution points. You can get the following services at the distribution points.
- vehicle registration
- payments for prepay and postpay
- returning the OBU
How to calculate tolls in Europe
You can calculate tolls - distance based toll, close and open system, vignette - and fuel cost by car, truck (with or without a trailer), taxi, bus, caravans using Europe Toll Calculator. You can see the cheapest, the fastest, and other optimal routes to your destination. You will see toll plaza(s) on your route, payment methods for each toll gate, discounts, etc. You can specify vehicle attributes - axles, weight, height, emission standards, etc. - to get toll information customized to your vehicle.
Ride share, OEM, and other businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the Toll API for pre-trip cost estimation and post-trip toll reconciliation in Europe, Asia, South America, North America and Australia.
Which European countries have motorway tolls
Use Europe Toll Guide to know more about European Tolling Systems
You can click on a country name to know toll information - toll payments, toll gates, toll prices - for the country.