How to Pay Toll in New Jersey
Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
Most of the toll facilities in New Jersey is cashless so an electronic transponder is preferred to pay toll in the state. Some plazas including the George Washington Bridge (Upper Level) also accept cash. You can also opt for Toll by Mail. However, not all toll payment options are available at every location. The toll rates in New Jersey also differs for different payment methods. Using toll tags costs the least.
In the event you enter a toll lane that is not equipped with E-ZPass or transponder-reader, it is counted as a toll violation in New Jersey. You will be required to pay the full undiscounted toll.
The following toll tags or transponders are valid in New Jersey:
- E-Z Pass- NJ E-ZPass, E-ZPass and E-ZPass NY - all part of the E-ZPass network in US allows for toll payment on New Jersey turnpikes, toll roads, tunnels and bridges without stopping. E-ZPass NJ offers discount plans that can be availed by motorists.
- NationalPass- It is a toll interoperability solution with seamless access to U.S. toll roads. Travelers are considered local customers of all toll roads that accept NationalPass providing the lowest available toll rate.
Toll bridges and other facilities in New Jersey accepting E-ZPass
New Jersey toll roads
- New Jersey Turnpike
- Garden State Parkway
- Atlantic City Expressway
New Jersey bridges
- Ben Franklin Bridge
- Betsy Ross bridge
- Commodore John Barry Bridge
- Walt Whitman Bridge
- Delaware Water Gap Toll Bridge
- Easton-Phillipsburg Toll Bridge
- I-78 Toll Bridge – Pennsylvania
- Milford-Montague Bridge
- New Hope-Lambertville Bridge
- Portland-Columbia Toll Bridge
- Trenton-Morrisville Toll Bridge
- Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
- Burlington-Bristol bridge
- Margate Bridge (Downbeach Express Bridge)
- George Washington Bridge
- Bayonne Bridge
- Goethals Bridge
- Outerbridge Crossing
New Jersey tunnels
- Holland Tunnel
- Lincoln Tunnel
Toll payment with cash in New Jersey
Cash toll rates are higher than toll tag payment. You can pay toll using cash in New Jersey on all the toll facilities where E-ZPass tags are accepted except the following:
- Townsends Inlet Bridge
- Ocean City-Longport Bridge
- Grassy Sound Bridge
- Corson’s Inlet Bridge
Calculate tolls for New Jersey and other states in the US
Calculate routes, tolls and fuel costs for your travel by car, truck, taxi, bus, caravans (with or without a trailer) in New Jersey and other states of the US using TollGuru Trip Calculator. It also shows the cheapest, fastest and other optimal routes to your destination along with toll plaza(s) location en route, payment methods and more.
Rideshare, OEM, TMS, fleet companies and other transport businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the TollGuru Toll API for pre-trip calculation and post-trip reconciliation.